Sunday 28 July 2013

Tassel & Thrift


Blue George

Here is the NEW look Tassel Garland, less paper tissue garland more wall art?........I hope?

Now with nine slim tassels and an optional extra of 10 large natural wooden beads.
This one is dyed in the royal blue, so aptly named.

 Some new tassel makers are about.... so I will be doing some serious development and refining of my ideas, to ensure some autonomy.

I want to continue with tassels, so I feel I must come up with a new approach.
I hope you won't mind this place becoming a bit of a tassel fest for a while?

These options will be in the shop soon.


Dip dyed Rapunzel with a macramé knot.


Dip dyed tassel with a Macramé knot.


My latest finds, a Bitossi lamp and Laurids Lonborg Teak Owl.
Check out this pinterest board for more


Both were bargains so I'm a happy camper! The owl has lost his eyes but I think I will fix that with some black seed beads.

The lamp needs a lovely new shade...I'm looking forward to making that.
On the home front, Ouch boy is moving into the big boy's room...and I'm hoping his toys will follow him! ;0



Back to pinterest, one of my boards has over 11,000 followers! 
Crazy Mid Century lovers!

Pippa


11 comments:

  1. I'm dying over the dark orange Rapunzel tassel with the macrame knot. I've wanted a tassel for a long time, but I've been waiting for just the right color. The peach and coral, while beautiful, were a little on the pink side for my house. As soon as you put it up for sale, I will probably be a customer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way...I was so surprised and thrilled to see the Houzz article featuring your macrame. Yay!!! I have a post about it ready to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! I would love to make you your very own tassel! ...it was lovely to be asked to submit to Houzz! :)

      Delete
  3. Blue George (for a reason I can't fathom) reminds me of an abacus. Royal blue wall makes a great backdrop. I'm still thinking light shades. A tasselly light shade could be beautiful - I'm sure you could come up with something wonderful...Owl and Bitossi = gorgeous.

    p.s. also I love the addition of beads to your tassels v.much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking on the light shade front! ....very bespoke and time consuming too but think Arabian blue light? xx

      Delete
  4. Blue George is fab, you get more and more creative....can't wait to see what happens next! Lovely little owl! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tassel fest is always welcome, Pippa! Congrats on your Houzz feature, you clever ladies- way to go! Soon you will have your worldwide tassel empire:-)
    Oh, and the thrifts!!! The owl is sooo cute, and that lamp is the coolest Bitossi lamp I have ever seen! I don't know if I dare say it, but I'm not the Rimini blue type.... This one, however, is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see the shade you come up with, I'm sure it will be sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh what a confession! ....not a blue Rimini lover?
      Well after finding this lamp I'm converted to the more earthy range too :)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely Blue George and teak owl! Congrats to your houzz feature! Ria

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.